Some microwaves just don’t get along with Quinn Popcorn. By pulling out the susceptor and associated chemicals we made our popcorn a little more sensitive to the microwave used.
Older Microwaves: If it says Radar Range then it’s older than me and probably isn’t a great match for Quinn. Surprisingly some do work well though!
Tiny Low Power Microwaves: Our popcorn needs a turntable and enough room to spin!
Fancy Oven Combo Microwaves: Place the bag on top of an upside down plate and voila, perfectly popping!
Tips & Tricks
- You’re smarter than your microwave.
- Don’st trust the ‘Popcorn’ button. It does a good job on some, but not all, microwaves.
- Dud kernels are a part of life.
- We know it’s tough, but it’s way better to end popping early than to burn the whole bag.
- Find your own shaking style.
- We tend to prefer the ‘Open Top Toss’ but do what feels right. Even flavor coverage takes serious skill!