‘Tis the season for holiday parties and cookie exchanges, but let’s get real…between holiday cards, festive gatherings and school functions, who really has time to bake? Look no further than this peppermint pretzel bark recipe. It’s insta-worthy, will totally impress your friends and family, but best of all it’s super easy (we’re talking, get-it-done-in-20-minutes easy).
1 – 12 ounce bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (dark, milk, or white chocolate chips would work great, too).
1 – 12 ounce bag Peppermint Candy Cane Chips (or you can break candy canes, but that’s more work).
1 bag – Quinn pretzels – we used Classic Sea Salt Twists for this recipe.
- We melted our chocolate chips using a double boiler. To do this, find a metal bowl that sits comfortably in a pot. Fill pot with water, just high enough not touch the bowl. When the water boils, the steam will melt the chocolate and not burn it. Stir occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Line a small (about 9 x 11 or so) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread melted chocolate across parchment paper using rubber spatula or pastry knife, coating evenly.
- Line up pretzels and push them into chocolate on the pan.
- Top pretzels with crushed candy canes.
- Put remaining chocolate into a ziploc (or pastry bag). Cut a tiny piece off the corner with scissors and Voila! Now you can squeeze the bag of chocolate and drizzle onto pretzels.
- Put in fridge for 30 minutes or so.
- Break apart and serve however you’d like, or eat it straight off the pan (as my family did).
- Remember to tag us on your pretzel masterpieces on Instagram!