TShirt

T-Shirt Indecision – What’s Your Pick?

So, we need to have a load of t-shirts made for our Kickstarter friends, and I just can’t get away from creating really simple (boring?) designs. We called in Kristy’s sister Katie to help and got a lot of cool ideas, one of which is shown above. What do you guys think? Let us know by voting through the poll that’s over there on the right hand side of the page.

We will be using American Apparel t-shirts. If you haven’t tried them they are one of the most comfortable and best t-shirts around. Plus they are made in the United States.

I like the green with white graphics, but even that’s not a lock. Kristy likes white or grey t-shirts with black graphics.

I know a few of you will look at these and think, “I can do better than that.” If so, please do! We would love to use your design. It just has to happen fast because these are going to print next Monday!

Thanks for helping us find the right shirt!

COMMENTS

1. Cherie wrote:

I like the one on the right, with the multiple corns. They both look good. πŸ™‚
    ~Cherie

2. Ivan Y wrote:

I admit to voting for “neither”. I prefer the big husk design, but is there a way to make the text more prominent?

P.S. Since you are using AA t-shirts, it’s probably a good idea to specify in the survey that they run a bit smaller than regular shirts (http://americanapparel.net/sizing/default.asp?chart=mu.shirts). Most people would probably know that already, but just in case πŸ™‚

3. Serena wrote:

Of the two displayed up top, definitely the one on the left! The one on the right is busy and I find the “up down up down” pattern the bent/straight corn shucks distract from the image being recognizable as corn. And plus, less is always more πŸ™‚

Something else to consider is making your corn logo image much larger and then printing it lower and slightly off to one side so that the majority of the image is on the front of the shirt, but it wraps around onto one’s side a bit.

Congrats on the successful Kickstarter campaign, guys! πŸ™‚ I live in the next town over and it’s exciting to hear about all the work you’re doing and how you’re connecting with other local businesses like Taza.

4. Rebecca wrote:

I like the big husk, but I would definitely prefer a white or gray tee… with green ink would be pretty sweet. πŸ™‚

5. aggie52 wrote:

I like the large, single husk, and so voted, but I much prefer the location of the text on the multiple husk design.

6. Kim wrote:

I like the single husk but prefer the logo near it instead of at the bottom of the shirt. Since what good is the logo if the tshirt is tucked in and hiding the logo.

7. Audrey Ogilvie wrote:

I definitely like the single husk and think the name should be directly below it. Because the green is so significant, I’d definitely start with that and then possibly go into other colors if there’s the demand.

8. Rachael, Pistachio Press wrote:

I agree with Kim and Audrey – larger husk and logo closer to it. I love the idea of a grey shirt with green printing as a second option.

9. Karen wrote:

Make sure to have the women’s baby doll tees. Black with green might be good.

10. Ally wrote:

Hey,
    evol made a great shirt for their burritos w a womans style american apparel tee and i wear it all the time!! it is a nice gray color with the ink in a not to pink pink. My fav shirt!
    I love the graphics you have, the single ear and am picky about wearing tshirts so a womans fit is a must, black is also a great color.
    I would probably buy one, love your designs
    Ally

11. Kevin wrote:

Like the one on the left. Also like the black and green comment. Think you should engage with one of the shirt manufacturers that makes the really soft small collor shirts made with hemp or another sustainable meterial