NarrowingInOnGraphics

Narrowing In On Bag Graphics

Of all the million little pieces that must come together to make a box of our popcorn, the bag has the longest lead time.  I have been putting this off for weeks, but now we are out of time and we need to finalize the graphics for the bag.  Why am I putting it off?  Mostly because I’m feaked out by the idea of hitting print (metaphorically speaking) on 15,000 copies.  I’d rather not screw this up.

So, naturally, we have a few options and hope for some feedback.  Everyone ROCKED on the bag names and we are still thinking and digging through  it. We will post more on that soon.

The goal is for the front of the bag to feel Quinn Popcorn.  It should feel fun and new while at the same time communicate the quality of what’s inside.  Here are the options:

Bag_Front_03

Bag_Front

Bag_Front_02

And then there is the far trickier back of the bag.  This side needs to hold a lot info without feeling overly complicated or overwhelming.  It took all of our willpower to work the text down to what you see.  There is so much more to say!  So, which of these feels more comprehensible; which would freak you out less?

Bag_Back

Bag_Back_Vert

As always, please comment with any and all thoughts.  I am especially interesting in the things that are so terrible they trigger a gag reflex.  Good stuff is okay too.

COMMENTS

1. avida wrote:

My vote for the front is #1- you can never understate the “THIS SIDE DOWN” text…seriously. I always look for it and you’d be surprised how many companies don’t display it well.

My vote for the back is #2- easier to read for me and it seems you have more room for images (?), which is nice and will convey user-friendly/easy directions. Also, I’m not a fan of how #1’s “pro” box cuts into the horizontal line of the regular steps. That’s just the OCD in me. 😉

2. Elizabeth wrote:

My vote would be for #2 but it doesn’t say this side down so i will have to go with #1.

On the other side my vote is for #2. Its easier to read and see.

3. Kim H. wrote:

I agree with Avida — but I do prefer a large graphic. It’s just me — will it be folded up like your competition?? IF so, then the graphic that displays when folded that fills up the space is what I would vote for. Back #2 is PERFECT!!! GOOD JOB!!!
    P.s. — this just in from my professional recipe tester friend Rosemary (I forwarded your blog to her, which she loves, by the way!)…”My thought at the moment is to come up with a flavor that is Heat-Sweet-Salt. People love that combo and it’s a want-more type of flavor.”
    Just saying……you guys are my heros!!

KIM :o)

4. Sean Fitzmichael Devlin wrote:

Top of #1, combined with the large image of #2, combined with the rest of #3. Lookin’ good!

5. Coulter wrote:

Nice! I’m split on the large husk. Is it too much?

6. Sasha wrote:

I like #2 for the back – nice and clean, easy to read. For the front, I like #1. #2 the husk is too large in a putting off in your face way, I think.#1 I like that the message is right next to the husk and my eye does not have to look all over the place to see what you have to say…Hope that made some sense 😉

7. Alexis wrote:

front #1 and back #2 – LOVE 🙂 definitely agree with Kim H. that if the bag will be folded, the logo should fill up the whole panel that is visible!

8. Kristy wrote:

thanks for all the feedback- guys. this is really helpful! We working on making some changes and will have a new image for you shortly!
    ( I say “we”, but it’s really Coulter who is making the changes!)

9. Coulter wrote:

We are still working on this. Digging through fonts can be quite a task!

10. Liz wrote:

On back of bag, would you consider saying ” Place bag in Microwave , THIS SIDE UP, blah blah bla” h and take THiS SIDE DOWN –off the front??? I think it distracts from Terrific Logo on Front.
    You’re doing a terrific job!!!

11. ... wrote:

test

12. Bella wrote:

the front of one because its nice and large but the back of two because its large and clean, great job!!!